eRecure is a proud Green IT Asset Management and Disposals company. We are pleased to announce that the environmental overseer Basel Action Network has recognized us as the Trusted IT hardware Recycler, a designation awarded to computer recyclers and asset managers who have been qualified as upholding the highest standard of environmental and social responsibility.
The certification standard is rigorous and goes above and beyond EPA standards. As Certified eWaste recycler, eRecure guarantees that all of the following standards are strictly observed: Definitions of hazardous e-waste are based on international definitions.
- Strict control of exportation of hazardous electronic wastes to conform to the Amendment to the Basel Convention and other existing laws. Exporting of hazardous e-waste is not permitted.
- Safe on-site handling of hazardous e-waste and other problematic components and materials, such as no shredding of mercury.
- Full accountability for the entire downstream recycling chain for the toxic materials to final disposition.
- When data security services are offered, conformance with DoD 5220.22-M & NIST 800-88 R1 Guidelines for
Data Sanitization, address additional hard drive imperfections, and provide customers with written
agreements regarding services provided and customer indemnity.
- Clear requirements for legitimate reuse and refurbishment.
- Restrictions on disposal options for toxic materials and prohibition on use of prison and child labor.
- Requirements for insurance provisions commensurate with the nature and size of operations.
- Collection and reporting of data for recycling industry health and safety benchmarking and
improvement, including airborne toxins if engaged in recycling activities such as shredding or
heating hazardous e-waste.
- Provision of site closure plans when potentially hazardous processing technologies have been used.
- Transparency of the entire chain of custody of toxic materials for any customers who request it,
including records and documentation of e-waste going for recycling and reuse.